Connect with us

Uncategorized

Faulty Christmas lights spark house fire in Sydney's west

Published

on


Fire investigators believe faulty Christmas tree lights are to blame for a house fire at Leonay, in Sydney's West.

No one was inside the home when it caught alight at 11:30pm on New Year's Eve.

Authorities say an electrical fault in the family's Christmas lights started the fire, and the timber floorboards inside the home fuelled it, increasing the blaze's intensity.

READ MORE: Two Britons and Sydney woman killed in Sea World helicopter collision

House fire sparked by faulty Christmas lights in Leonay Sydney

It took eight fire crews and aerial assistance to put out the blaze, which caused the roof of the house to collapse.

After six hours, firefighters managed to extinguish the flames.

The home suffered extensive damage.

Fire and Rescue NSW has urged the public to never leave Christmas tree lights on when they aren't home, or when they are sleeping.



Source link