Connect with us

Uncategorized

Family's plea to keep 'evil' Frankston serial killer behind bars

Published

on


It's almost 30 years since his sister was murdered in cold blood by the Frankston serial killer – and now Troy Fream is finally ready to tell his side of the story.

Paul Denyer, 50, was sentenced to life in prison without parole, but was later appealed and reduced to a non-parole period of 30 years, meaning he is eligible for release in 2023.

In 1993, Denyer murdered Natalie Russell, Elizabeth Stevens and Deborah Fream, also known as Debbie, in the Frankston area.

READ MORE: Man and woman on the run after dramatic crash in Melbourne's west

Stevens, 18, was murdered by Denyer after she got off a bus on her way home from the library on June 11.

On July 8, Seaford mother, Fream was killed when she was ambushed by Denyer in her car.

A fortnight later Natalie, 17, was murdered as she walked home from school.

Debbie's brother Troy is now speaking out to ensure Denyer is not released on parole.

"She was close with everybody, she was my protector at school she was my older sister," he told 9News.

"Our family members are buried under the ground, covered in dirt and this dirt bag walks out a cell."

READ MORE: First of Big Four banks passes on interest rate hike

Almost 30 years later, Denyer who now identifies as Paula, is creeping closer to a chance at freedom.

"I really feel sorry if he is released, people will live in fear again," Fream said.

Dubbed the Frankston serial killer, the 51-year-old will next year be eligible for parole.

"It has destroyed every moment where you should be happy," Fream said.

"It has devastated us and we are not the only family."

Family and friends of the women have been vocal regarding the Denyer's upcoming possible release.

Last year, they rallied outside state parliament.

READ MORE: Melbourne business thrives from Dan Andrews 'Get on the beers' t-shirt

Paul Charles Denyer

Russell's former boyfriend and now Liberal Democrats MP David Limbrick said more needed to be done to ensure Denyer wasn't released.

"What we are asking for is some sort of reassurance from the government that he will never be able to harm another woman," Limbrick said.

"We need the government to take some sort of action here."

A petition calling for Denyer to be kept behind bars has gathered almost 30,000 signatures in six months.

Petition creator and former friend of Stevens said it was incredibly important to get as many signatures as possible.

READ MORE: Airbnb Australia busted for alleged misleading dollar sign

"Every few years now when his parole hearing comes back up," he said.

"That's just going to to bring up memories again for the families and friends.

"It's just something they shouldn't have to go through themselves."

The attorney-general said it was a matter for the independent Adult Parole Board.

The board said it was not allowed to comment.

"He's an evil man and he doesn't belong in the public," Fream said.



Source link

Copyright © 2021 All Right Reserved.